January 19, 2011

I've been wanting a new vacuum for some time. My vacuum is over 10 years old, smells bad, doesn't always suck up what it should and is so noisy that if I run it for any real amount of time I always end up with a migraine. Basically, she's old and she don't suck much anymore.

I'd been looking at the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser at Costco for a while but hesitated to buy it because it was $150. But we bit the bullet last week and bought one.
Let me tell you how much I've been loving this vacuum. It does great on carpets. I was totally shocked at how much dirt it brought up. I had vacuumed with the old vacuum two days before we bought the new one but the Bissell brought up so much dirt that the old one missed I was a little grossed out.

The best part is that the vacuum pops apart and you can carry it around and use it like a canister vac. Since we have a lot of hard wood (and a lot of dog hair) this feature is so great. The upright has a bare floor feature but you can't get in to corners really good with it but you can when you use it like a canister vac. It came with a bare floor attachment and it works great.

I think I've vacuumed more since I got the new vacuum then I have in the last year! Joking but really...it's such a joy to use, I vacuum just about every other day. My house has never been cleaner.

It's not on my list of goals for the year but I've been working on doing some small chores around the house everyday to help keep it cleaner longer. Sometimes it gets to the point around here that if someone stopped by unexpectedly, I'd be embarrassed to have them in the house...and I hate that feeling. So far I've been doing great. I'm keeping a journal of what I do everyday so I feel like I've accomplished something. I also write it in my date book so I'm not accidentally doing the same thing two days in a row. So far it's working pretty good. I've done something almost every day and the house is pretty clean. I also don't have to spend one whole day of my weekend cleaning anymore.

No comments: