January 16, 2011

Aidez has been coming a long very quickly. The Cascade Eco + is a bulky yarn so it knits up quickly, which is a good thing since Aidez is so beautiful that I can't wait to wear it. I finished the back already and have almost finished the fronts too. I'm working the fronts two at a time because it makes reversing the shaping easier for me.

Some patterns will have it written out how to do the shaping for both the left and right front, but Aidez just says, "Work to correspond to left front, reversing all shaping and placement of pat sts. Bind off for armholes on WS rows. Work armhole decs at end of RS rows as SSK, k2." for the right front. I find it easier to reverse the shaping when I'm working it two at a time. That way I know exactly when to do the shaping so that both fronts come out the same. Not to mention that they both will be the exact same length.

Hubbs has gone out of town on a "boys only" off-road retreat kinda thing for the next couple of days. I have the house to myself so I'm planning on finishing Aidez while he's gone. Of course being this close to finishing a project means that I have to plan for the next one. And true to my nature, I was already planning the next one before I started on Aidez.

I chose Larch Cardigan by Amy Christoffers for my next project. I am so in love with this sweater.

by savoryknitting Flickr

by savoryknitting Flickr


The pattern calls for Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light. I hardly ever use the yarn that the pattern calls for. 99% of the time, I make a substitution based on what other people have used for their project or I check the weight of the called for yarn and go from there. Since I order most of my yarn on-line instead of my local yarn shop, I don't shop by feel much. However, I did make a stop at my LYS last week to feel yarn for this project and I loved the Ultra Alpaca Light. Being me, I like a good deal, so I went home and did some price shopping. I had a credit with Jimmy Beans Wool and a coupon for free shipping, which made it much cheaper then I could get at my LYS. It was cheaper to begin with but with shipping it would have been about the same. So I ordered 11 skeins in Candied Yam colorway.

Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in Candied Yam

It's so orange-y and tasty looking! I can't wait for it to arrive. I'm so hoping that it gets here before I finish Aidez. Or maybe not. If it doesn't arrive I can head back to my LYS and pick up something for a small project to work on in the mean time! Now I must go plan for that possibility! Yay!

No comments: