May 22, 2010

The weather here has been really icky the last couple of days. The wind is blowing like crazy and that makes me want to stay inside and avoid going out at all. The wind gives me terrible headaches, I assume it's all the pollen that gets kicked up. So instead of going out, I stayed in the last two days and sewed.

I finally finished the skirt that I cut out at the same time as the white top that I finished last week. I used Simplicity Pattern 2451 in size 12. I chose a light gray linen and black buttons.

I love the button and tab detail. The skirt is a little tight but since I'm working on losing some weight it should fit just right when I'm done. I don't normally wear shirts that have to be tucked in but in order to show of the detail on this skirt I might have to make one.

Since the weather is shitty again today, I stayed in a sewed again. Yesterday, after Hubbs got home, we ran out to run some errands and he dropped me off at Joann's so I could browse. I picked out 4 patterns and enough fabric to make two tops. I finished one of the tops, a really cute some type top. The pattern is New Look 6965.

On the Mannequin.

On me. I need to make some little straps that will hold my bra straps under the straps.

I love the back detail. I chose a vintage button that I already had. For once I actually got the button hole to come out correctly.
That's it for my sewing for today. Now I'm off to get some dinner and maybe go to bed early. Happy Saturday!

No comments: