April 26, 2011

We're back from Yosemite and we had a fantastic time. The weather wasn't ideal but it was still really nice. We had partly cloudy, sunny and a bit of rain while we were in the park. The clouds were very low so it wasn't the best for viewing some of rock formations but we still really enjoyed it. Best of all, since it was Easter weekend, the park wasn't very crowded.

We spent two days in the park and camped about 20 miles outside of the park. Here's just a fraction of the pictures we took.



It was cold enough that there was a lot of snow still on the ground at the higher elevations outside of the park and inside before you dropped down into the valley. I wore my snow jacked both days but I'm always cold and there were plenty of people in sweat shirts and even a few in shorts.


We saw a number of animals including a bobcat, 2 coyotes, 2 bears, lots of deer and squirrels too numerous to count.
Hubbs at El Capitan.



Bridal Veil Falls. All the major falls were running like crazy and there were tons of seasonal falls too.


Due to my knee injuries we only did one hike up to Lower Yosemite Falls. I gimped along pretty good but I don't think this is what the Doctor meant when she said she wanted me to rest. But hey, I didn't want Hubbs to see Yosemite from the truck.



We took the dogs with us and found Yosemite to be very pet friendly. I'm pretty sure that that the dogs thought we were trying to kill them with all the walking that we did.


Half Dome was very elusive while we were there. It was clouded over almost the entire time that we were there. It was only uncovered for about 20 min's that we saw. Other wise the clouds were very low and Half Dome was pretty much completely obscured.


Yosemite falls was amazing as all ways. Beautiful from every angle.


The lupines were amazing.



The deer were so beautiful and very plentiful.


The park rangers were practicing swift water rescue on the Merced River and we enjoyed watching them practice. I'm sure later in the year they will get to put those skills to use.


I even got a chance to work on a sock I started for my grandmother for mother's day.


We even hiked out to Mono Lake.


The weekend was fantastic and I can't wait to go again. We're planning to make a day trip a little later in the spring to see it again and do some real hiking when I'm healed up. I didn't get to run in the valley while we were there but there is always next time.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you're so lucky to live close enough to Yosemite to easily visit! I LOVE National Parks but haven't made it to Yosemite yet. Some day. Your pictures are beautiful!