April 30, 2011

Here's the sock that I started before we left for Yosemite. It's from Around the World in Knitted Socks. When I got this book for Christmas from my sister Molly, my Gram said she really liked these socks. Gram is a very accomplished knitter in her own right, but now that she's going to be 90 this year, she can't knit socks anymore. It hurts her hands too much to grip the tiny needles.



When my mom and I went to Stitches West in February, I knew that I wanted to purchase some sock yarn. I bought a skein of Little Traveller by The Sanguine Gryphon. Honestly this is the most expensive sock yarn I've ever bought. $19 for 560 yards. Not really a terrible price plus the yarn is beautiful and very nice to work with.


I'm planning on these as a gift for my Gram for Mothers Day. Not sure I'm going to finish it in time but I'm going to try.



The stitch definition is beautiful.


I hope I get them done in time. I know she's going to love them.



No comments: