April 4, 2011

Book# 24 of the 50 Book Challenge...

Swan Song by Robert McCammon

From Goodreads.com:

In a world born of nuclear rage, an ancient evil roams a devastated America. . . He is the Man with the Scarlet Eye. He has gathered under his power the forces of human greed and madness, searching for a child who has the gift of life, the child named Swan. And when the mighty forces of good and evil finally clash against the nightmare landscape of the new world, no one will escape.


My take:

5 out of 5 stars. Reminded me of my favorite book of all time, The Stand by Stephen King. Both books are about the epic fight between good and evil, God and the Devil. Love it. First 5 star rating of the year. But if you decide to read this book, please be aware this book is huge. Almost 900 pages. By far the biggest book I've read this year. At one point I thought I was going to need a forklift to drag this book around with me.

No comments: