January 31, 2009

One of my goals for 2009 is to read more of the classic. My older sister has always been a reader and a lover of the classics. About Thanksgiving she lent me a bunch of her books.



I have the following on my night stand:

Little Women by Lousia May Alcott

Little Men by Lousia May Alcott

Jo's Boys by Lousia May Alcott

The works of Mark Twain including:

The adventures of Tom Sawyer

The adventures of Huckleberry Finn

The Prince and the Pauper

The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson

The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County and other stories

A Connecticut Yankee at King Arthur's Court

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Moby Dick by Herman Melville

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

The Short Novels of John Steinbeck



And since life can't be all serious novels I also have:

Blood Orange Brewing by Laura Childs

Chamomile Mourning by Laura Childs



And because I like to be scared by the evil in all of us:

Just After Sunset by Stephen King.



I'm currently reading Jack and Jill by Lousia May Alcott.



So far for 2009 I've only finished one book. I read Eight Cousins by Lousia May Alcott. I'm hoping that I can finish all of my books before the end of the year and maybe a few others.

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I don't have enough time for reading or knitting much these days! I can't wait to get back to both of them.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

I'm reading "March" by Geraldine Brooks. It's wonderful and would be a great read after you finish Little Women.