January 5, 2009

Knitting Pictures







Using Zitron Trekking (XXL) sock yarn, I cast on some new socks. I'd been wanting to start a new pair of socks but since they require delicate finger work to get thems started in the first few rounds, I'd been putting it off. I'm using a patter called 9-to-5 Socks by Nicole Hindes and size 1 needles. I cast these on yesterday morning and by the time I went to bed I had finished the cuff and dound a couple rounds of the pattern. The pattern is very easy to memorize but I learned that I should stop knitting when I take my sleeping pill for the evening, I kept making mistakes and having to work them out. I can't wait to get home to work on these some more.






I've never used such small needles before and noticed yesterday that it was causing some fatigue in my left hand when I was knitting. I think I'm going to need to cast on a second project with some larger needles to work on when my hands start to hurt from using the 1's.



On Friday I cast on Celtic Cable Neckwarmer by Lindsay Henricks. I used Patons Classic Merino Wool in Natural and size 8 needles. This was my first try at using a chart. I had to search on Ravelry to learn how to read the chart to begin with because my first try at the chart did not look anything like the picture at all and I had to rip it out and try again. Thankfully the search turned up a great website that explained exactly how to do it and I was off working again. The simple explination was great and made it so simple to read the chart. I finished it on Sunday morning including sewing on the buttons and blocked it. I can't wait for it to dry so I can wear it.

I love the buttons I chose for the neckwarmer. When I purchased them, I never looked at the price of them because Joann's was having a sale and all the buttons were 50% off. When I got home I realized that the buttons were $4! For 1!! I don't think I've ever paid that much for buttons before but since they were 50% off, I figured that it was worth it.














No comments: