December 23, 2010

One of the cool things about Goodreads.com is that you can make a list of books under a specific heading and other people can vote for the all time best book according to the title of the list. One of my favorite lists made by other members is "Best Post-Apocalyptic Fiction." I love post-apocalyptic fiction. If you've looked at my side bar of the books I've read this year, it's pretty apparent how much I love post-apocalyptic fiction (PAF). Actually for the most part, once I finished reading the top 10 banned classics, PAF is pretty much the majority of what I've read this year.


After my post yesterday I got to thinking about what I want my goals to be for 2011. One of the things I want to do is to try and read all the books that I haven't read yet. The list has 135 books on it and I've read about 25% of them. Some of the books are classics like Lord of the Flies and some are new books like World War Z, which I just read. I know that unless I buy a few of these books I won't be able to get them from my library. One of the books that I had wanted to read a while back, which is on this list, my library doesn't carry. So in those cases I guess I'll be looking to Amazon or used book stores.

Using the library has really spoiled me. I hate to spend money on books anymore. Other then Stephen King books, most books I won't read more then once. And now that I'm trying to read every book that the library has...apparently, I don't want to spend money on books. I'm frugal, what can I say? Fine, I'm cheap but why pay for something that I can get for free?! I guess this is part of that whole, "Why buy the cow," argument.

No comments: