December 21, 2010

The dad scarf is done, wrapped and boxed to go to my dad. Obviously it's not going to make it there before Christmas...but it's done.

Project details:
Pattern: Aran Cashmere Scarf by Beth Walker-O'Brien
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease in Grey Heather (2 skeins)
Needles: US size 6 Harmony interchangeables
Started: 11/22/2010
Finished: 11/28/2010
Mods: None
This was a very easy pattern to memorize. Not sure I would want to knit it again because all the cabling hurt my hands after a while. And I didn't really love the way the scarf turned out but that was because of the yarn I used. If it had been 100% wool, it would have blocked out better. Because it didn't block out the way that I wanted, the purl stitches were lost and there wasn't enough definition between the cable sections.

No comments: