December 22, 2010

Another gift that won't be mailed in time for Christmas...



Project Details:
Pattern: Promenade Scarf by Mimi Hill
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky
Needles: US 9 Knitpicks Harmony Interchangeable
Started: 12/05/2010
Finished: 12/07/2010

Mods: I added one additional repeat to make the scarf longer.

This was a very easy pattern to memorize and a very quick knit thanks to the chunky yarn and the large needles. I wouldn't mind making one of these for myself. The Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky is very soft and enjoyable to work with.

This project also made it possible to mark off one of my goals that I had for this year. Number 3 was on my list as "Make something with Alpaca." Up to this point I hadn't found anything I wanted to make or a reason to make something special enough that would justify the cost but with a project this small that only requires one skein of yarn, it was a pretty inexpensive gift for my Step-mom.
I didn't get nearly enough of my goals for 2010 done. I thought by this point in the year, I would have had them all done but nope, not even close. Less then two weeks from the new year and this year I haven't even thought once about what I want to make my goals be for next year. I'm not even sure that I will set goals for next year.

No comments: