January 31, 2010

First off my Heather Hoodie is finished!!! I finally got the buttons and finished it off on Saturday evening. Sunday Hubbs and I went off for a photo shoot/fishing expedition. So here she is!





Pattern: Heather hoodie vest by Debbie O'Neill
Size: 38
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in Latte (2 skeins)
Needles: US 10
Started: 01/03/10
Finished: 01/30/10

Hubbs and I went to our local none operational nuclear power plant for our photo/fishing trip. It's about 11 or so miles from our house. Rancho Seco is no longer operational but is still owned by the Sacramento Municipal Water District (SMUD). There is a pretty big lake on the property that they stock with fish for people to come and enjoy. Since the weather here over the weekend was more like May then January, we decided that we need some outdoor time. I'm not sure what the temps were but it was just amazing and I really enjoyed some time to sit in the sun. All the gray winter weather really depresses me after a while so blue sky's and green grass were a very welcome sight.



These are the cooling towers surrounded by grape vines. Our area is heavily agriculture and we saw cows, horses, lamas, goats and sheep on the ride out.


We could easily see the snow capped Sierra Mountains from here. Hard to believe it was January 31st when I took the picture. Looks like May.

The lake was lovely and calm. So peaceful with all kinds of water fowl including Mud Ducks, Canadian Geese, Swans and a few others.

The trees, of course, are still bare but so beautiful.



Hubbs of course enjoyed the fishing.




Too bad Hubbs only caught weeds. I was sure he was going to catch a monster.

Of course I took the opportunity to knit. Currently working on my Thermal. Can't wait for this to be finished. Size 4 needles and fingering weight yarn make for a lot of work. But it's always enjoyable. Thank goodness for a comfy and easily portable camp chair.
The Thermal enjoyed the sun too.

Three Swans a swimming.

There were lots of song birds too and even a few Swallows. I need to get my bird book out and see if I can figure out what this little guy is.


The mountains were amazing!


I got Hubbs to pose and let me take a nice picture of him. Normally I never get one of him that doesn't include him giving me the finger unless he doesn't realize I'm taking on of him.

Got him to take one of me too. If there had been anyone around I would have love to get one of the both of us.
All and all it was a great day. We went out to lunch after fishing and I finally managed to get a copy of the latest Knitscene. I'm in love with the Helleborous Yoke by Mathew Gnagy. It's a beautiful sweater. I can't wait to get started on it!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow! You're amazing -- I can't believe how quickly you finished that sweater. And the thermal looks very cool -- I love the pretty color!