January 19, 2010

As part of my goals for 2010 I wanted to learn to sew garments. My mom came over for the weekend and we did some sewing. I completed the Simplicity pattern! I love this skirt. It is so comfortable and it fits perfect.
Pattern: Simplicity 5914, view E
Fabric: Chocolate brown corduroy
Size: 12
This skirt hits me right below my knee. It's a smidge tight around the middle but since I'm working on losing weight for the new year (1.6 pounds so far!), it should fit perfectly when I'm done.
We also cut out the dress from the Project Runway pattern. My mom had to go home before we could finish it but she's going to come back next weekend to finish it. I cut out a second skirt in the same pattern as the corduroy one but in a polyester. Normally I'm not a fan of polyester but since it's a wash and wear type of fabric it will be really great for work.
My Heather Hoodie is really coming alone now. I finished the button band and am working on the little cap sleeves. I'm hoping to finish it this week and block it to wear ASAP. It's going to be super cute too!


No comments: