January 6, 2010

I cast on for my Heather Hoodie Vest the other day. I'm using Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool for the sweater. It comes in huge skeins of over 400 yards each so when I wound it into a cake it was huge. As it got to the end I had to get Hubbs to come over and hold they guide on the ball winder out a bit while I turned the handle because it was getting to the point where it was over whelming the winder. I've never seen such a huge cake before. Every day for the last couple of days we've marveled over the size of it.


My first swatch came out right on target so I'm for seeing that this sweater should fit just as intended (I hope). So far I've done a few repeats of the pattern and it's coming out beautifully. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wow! Excellent work! I can't wait to see the finished product!