February 5, 2010

I have the best husband! My birthday is coming up on Tuesday and he knew that I've been dying for a set of the Knit Picks Harmony double pointed needles. The set is 2.00mm through 3.25mm. Each one has 6 needles per size and are 6 inches long. And he got me 4 skeins of sock yarn! I was so excited yesterday when it arrived. He's the best!

So naturally I had to cast on for a sock last night. I love the gold color that he got me. Yesterday was so grey here and my day at work was terrible so I had to choose the happiest color. I cast on using a pattern called "Summer Lovin Socks" by Knittingnonstop. It's a lacy pattern that it going to be really fun. So far I've finished the cuff and one repeat of the leg pattern. These needles are a joy to knit with. The sharp points make it so easy to pick up a dropped stitch or pick out stitches when I make a mistake (which happens often).

My thermal is coming along too. I'm almost ready to do a three needle bind off on the left front and back. Once that is done, I'm ready to move to the right side and then on to the sleeves. I can't wait to finish this project and start on something new. It's not that I don't love it, because I do. I just can't wait to wear this sweater. It's so cute and the color is perfect for me. Anything blue makes my eyes turn very blue. My mom picked a great yarn and a great color for me. Can't wait to wear it!

No comments: