March 29, 2011

KniCroBlo Week, Day 2: Skill + 1UP

After looking over my projects page on Ravelry, I noticed a real change in my knitting over the past year vs the years prior. I didn't start knitting until the end of 2007. Prior to that I was strictly a quilter and had never had a desire to cross over to knitting. All my projects leading up to 2010 were small objects; hats, socks, scarves and stoles. I made 19 pairs of socks alone in 2009.

2010 was a different story. I didn't complete nearly as many projects but I made lots of large projects. I learned to seam and not fear it, it's still not my favorite thing but it's doable. I learned a new cast-on method and a new way to make button holes. But I think the biggest thing I learned to do in 2010 was learn to convert a pattern to work it in the round.

I don't think my skills are too advanced and I'm sure there is always something to learn and places to improve in my knitting. Of all the things I learned my favorite is that my Grandmother thinks I'm a good knitter. She has been knitting for years but brags about me to her knitting friends. That is my greatest skills accomplishment of 2010.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you're amazing -- I can't believe you've been knitting for such a short time. I've been knitting for longer than you've been alive and you've made WAY more stuff than I have. Great Work!