March 14, 2011

I've been after new hiking boots for a while now. All of last summer/falls adventures have really gotten my juices going for hiking again. I used to hike all the time but after I moved to Sacramento, I didn't really know where to go.

On Saturday Hubbs and I were doing a little shopping and decided to run over to REI. I've been a member of REI for something like 20 years. I bought my membership back when I was about 13 and was doing a lot of backpacking with various groups including Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. When you live in a really small town, sometimes you have to join forces to have enough people to go on a trip. I've backpacked in Lassen National Park and in Grand Canyon among other places with these groups. I loved it.

When I got older back packing wasn't something that I had much time to do. But day hikes on the weekends are totally do able. While I was at REI, I found this great book 60 Hikes within 60 Miles Sacramento. Now I have lots of places to hike and it even tells you which ones are dog friendly.



I did finally buy some boots. I've been looking since some time last year for new boots. I picked up Merrell Moab Ventilators. They're light weight and so far the couple trips around the neighborhood they've made have been really comfortable. Can't wait to hit the trails!

No comments: