February 17, 2011

Today, I'm heading off to my mom's house. I'll be staying with her tonight, going to Stitches tomorrow and then spending the night again before heading back to Sacramento on Saturday morning.

I mentioned to my mom, who is a professional seamstress, that I'm going to be needing a dress for our friends wedding in June. So now in addition to going to Stitches on Friday, we're going to be making an additional stop on our way back at a quilt shop called New Pieces Quilt Store in Berkeley.

I think I've pretty much settled on this dress for the wedding.


Lotus Morning Glory by Amy Butler

I love Amy Butler fabric and New Pieces has lots of it. I'm hoping to find Lotus Morning Glory for this dress but if not, I'm sure that I'll find something else that I really like. This pattern only calls for 2 yards of fabric for the bodice and the skirt which is hardly anything.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle tomorrow...knitting and sewing fun in one day?! It might be too much!

No comments: