February 2, 2011

As it turns out, yet again I bought too much yarn. I bought 6 skeins of Bamboo Ewe for my Lacy Leaf Satchel and I only used 4. It blocked out to the right size so I'm not sure why that's happening.
Since I had 2 skeins left over and this yarn is so soft and easy to work with (if a bit splitty when used with my Harmony Wood needles - very sharp points), I started looking for a project to use the remaining 2 skeins. I came across Lovely Leaf Lace Scarf by Joelle Hoverson of The Purl Bee.
by purlsoho Flickr

I don't know if it's the color of the sample scarf that she did or just the design or a combo of both, but I love this scarf and I hate knitting scarves. The patten calls for 6 repeats of the leaf pattern at the end of the scarf but I only did 5. After the leaf pattern part of the scarf and the concentration that it required for me, I am really enjoying the stockinette stitch at the back. This scarf is made in two pieces and then grafted together at the back.
I did have to purchase 1 additional skein of yarn as the two that I had weren't going to be quiet enough. The pattern calls for 600 yards and with the 2 skeins that I had it was only 354 yards. With that extra skein I have 531 yards, so it might be a bit shorter then the original scarf but it will be close enough to keep my neck warm. I'm really looking forward to finishing this so I can wear it with my black peacoat.

No comments: