February 9, 2011

Hubbs and I took the day on Saturday and went out to the Sierras. I've been begging for the last few years to go to Bassi Falls. Hubbs has always said that we should go in the spring time when the river is really running but I mentioned show shoeing last week and we decided to try Bassi Falls.

It's about a five mile round trip...uphill going in. I thought I was going to die.

But we made it and the falls are beautiful. Pictures truly don't do it justice.

The water was roaring and the sun was shining, warm enough to not need jackets. I didn't even use a sweatshirt.

The water is so amazing...clear as glass. It cut ripples and swirls in the granite.

I kept searching each pool of water for a large chunk of gold. I only need one...

It looked like something that you'd find created for you at Disney Land, but this was nature at it's finest.

After we explored a bit, I got a chance to work a few stitches on Roheline.



I packed it 2.5 miles in just for the chance that I would get to knit in one of the most beautiful places in the world and it was pretty much all ours. We only saw one other couple all day.


Self portrait by Hubbs.


Thank goodness for self timers on cameras!


It was a great way to spend a Saturday. I still want to go back again in the spring time.

No comments: