February 3, 2011

Book #10 in the 50 Book Challenge...


Getting Out of Jersey by Matthew Paul Eshem was a 4 star book. I thought it was going to be a 5 star but there were a few things in the book that bothered me and made it seem like the author didn't do enough research. One of those things was the size of the sewer pipe...he described it as being big enough to drive a mini bike through. According to Hubbs who works for the city, sewer pipes are only that big in huge cities. Most of the time it's and 8" pipe.
One of the other things the author said was that they walked "hand and hand." I don't know if things are different else where but where I grew up it's walking "hand in hand." That one thing really threw me off when I was reading the book.
Otherwise, I did enjoy the book enough to give it 4 out of 5 stars on GoodReads.com. According to GoodReads this is volume one. I think I'll check to see if my library has volume two. I'd be interested to see what happens next.

No comments: