February 21, 2011

In addition to going to Stitches on Friday we stopped at New Pieces Quilt Shop in Berkeley on our way home. I picked up a couple of yards of fabric for my dress for our friends wedding in June. I decided to go with the Butterick 4443 in the strapless.I found this green and cream piece that both my mom and I really like.

I'll need to get some cream fabric to use for the sash and the band across the top. I think I'm going to knit the Camellia Shrug from the latest copy of Knitscene to go with the dress. It'll be June but I get cool once the sun goes down.



I'm thinking of doing it in a cream to go with the cream flowers on the green fabric. I still need to get the pattern, get the cream fabric for the sash and band, get the fabric for the lining, get appropriate undergarments, notions for the dress and find the yarn and knit the shrug...that's a lot to do. The wedding is at the end of June so I have some time to get it done.
I think knitting the shrug is the least of the problems. Making the dress is going to present the biggest challenge. For one it's lined and second, because it's strapless, it really needs to fit right so I think I'd be smart to make a muslin before I start cutting my fabric. It's a bit intimidating but I think I can get it done as long as I don't get sidetracked. And truly, not getting sidetracked is some times the hardest part.

No comments: