November 8, 2010

I love my lovely new boots but none of my hand knit socks fit inside of the new boots and I don't have any knee length socks either. Well, I have one pair of socks that has got to be 20 years old and aren't made of any kind of natural fibers. Yes, I know. No one should have socks that are 20 years old but these have sentimental value to them. But that's a different story.
So naturally, I think the answer is a new pair of knee length hand knit socks. After using the Ravelry search that I love so much, I found Vintage Knee Socks by Hannah Fettig from her book Closely Knit: Handmade Gifts for the Ones You Love. They are knit with lace weight yarn held double. I'm hoping that they will be thin enough for me to wear under my boots.
Picture Copyright Hannah Fettig

Hannah's book is available on Amazon and I'm sure it's in your local book store too. But me being me, I requested it from my local library. I love my library. It's such an amazing free service, I don't know why more people don't take advantage of it.
I'm thinking Shadow Lace Yarn from Knit Picks for this project. Maybe Vineyard Heather. I'm thinking some nice purple socks under my black boots might be just the thing to make rainy winter days better. Since I'm planning on ordering my yarn for my Moorish Lattice Cardigan from Knit Picks, what would it hurt to get a few skeins of lace weight yarn?
Speaking of Moorish Lattice Cardigan, I purchased and printed out a copy of the pattern. My Valupri is almost done, so I really need to start prepping for my new cardigan. The thought of having nothing to work on sends shivers of fear down my spine. It's not a good idea for me to not having any thing to work on, it's how I get into trouble!

No comments: