November 17, 2009

One of my current knitting projects:

Pattern: Mina's Tuxedo Vest by Wendy Bernard from the book, Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: Cascade 220 in 4002 (black heather)
Started: 11/06/09




I started this in a medium on size 6 needles, got down to the point to try it on (same stage as the above pictures) and it was two sizes to large. It was huge. I think Hubbs could have worn it easy it was so big. So I had to rip back and start from scratch all over again. Thankfully when I tried it on again, it fit perfect. The pattern is written for it to be a vest with 3 buttons up the front in a cardigan style. I'm doing the pull over option. I love this and it's a really easy knit.

I still haven't given up on the two other projects I've got on the needles. The Central Park Hoodie is blocked and I just need to seam it to start on the hood. The Celeste is on hold for right now. I'm not really enjoying the pattern too much but in typical fashion I will finish this. I can't leave something unfinished plus I hate to waste money on yarn that never gets made into something.

I'm hoping that I'll soon have at least one finished object to show you! Fingers crossed!

No comments: