November 3, 2009

I cast on for my Celeste from French Girl Knits recently. I finished the first cuff and am blocking it. It's a lace weight yarn that is going to be really nice as a light weight sweater when it's all done. The pattern is a bit boring to knit but it is challenging me to try some different techniques that I have done before like the crochet cast on. I'm not sure I like it but it is good to learn a new skill.

I finally, after a long delay, blocked my Central Park Hoodie parts. I finished both fronts, both sleeves and the back. I needed to block it so I could seam the fronts to the back and start on the hoodie part. The sweater has been blocked for a while but I haven't seamed it yet. I'm scared! I haven't seamed anything yet and I'm worried about doing it right so it doesn't look all wonky and funky. Fingers crossed it will come out ok.
Right now I need to get the lead out and seam the scarf that I made for my mother-in-law for her up coming birthday. Her birthday is in a couple of weeks and all I need to do is seam the ends onto the scarf and then I'm done. Maybe I should go pull it out right now so I'm not trying to seam it right before we walk out the door for the birthday dinner. Maybe I need to invite the family down for dessert to celebrate her birthday this year...oh the pressure!!! I just found out I need to bring the Thanksgiving dessert! I can bake cookies like nobodies business but I can't really bake a pie, 'cause I've never tried. I need to learn more new skills!!! Yikes, talk about pressure!

No comments: