November 20, 2009

I recently came across a list of the top 10 banned books (found here: http://classiclit.about.com/od/ladychatterleyslover/tp/aatp-ban.htm ).
1. Ulysses
2. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
3. Madame Bovary
4. The Scarlet Letter
5. Uncle Tom's Cabin
6. Of Mice and Men
7. Brave New World
8. Lady Chatterley's Lover
9. Moll Flanders
10. Candide

My new resolution is going to be to read all of these books. So far I've already read Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Scarlet Letter, and Of Mice and Men and I read them all with in the last year. I think Ulysses is going to be the hardest one to get through so I have a feeling that one is going to be saved for last. I'm wondering if I can even get Lady Chatterley's Lover at the library or not. I'm scared to even as for it. This is going to be a challenge but I'm totally up for it. It's only 7 books in 12 months, well 13 since no one said I have to wait until after the new year to start. Due date to be finished is 12/31/10. I'll be sure to keep my sidebar updated with my current read. I'm going to have to finish the HUGE Mark Twain that I'm currently reading before I can go on to anything else. Not to mention the new Stephen King that I just bought that's sitting on my night table. So much reading and so many books but so few hours to read.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, this looks fun! We did Madame Bovary in our book club, but I never finished it (story of my life!) -- this is a great challenge!