February 15, 2012

New York Cardigan...

Time for my next knitting project...New York Cardigan by Erin Harper. This is going to be a very nice sweater for spring.



This model is adorable! I love the dress she's wearing in the first picture. I think I'm going to have to make myself a similar one.



Hubbs and I were up in Rocklin last Saturday running some errands. Hubbs has gotten really into hunting and we were checking out some gun stores, window shopping. I can only take so much boy stuff before I need a does of either girly stuff or fiber stuff. I think it's safe to say that Hubbs feels the same way about girl stuff. LOL.




I love my smart phone. I googled knitting and it came up with a yarn shop right across from the gun store...right across the street. Sweet. After we drove around a while due to bad GPS directions, we called the shop and got better directions. Turns out it was across the street.

The shop is called Filati Fine Yarns. Let me tell you, this is an amazing shop. It was huge and had tons of yarn. My local yarn shop in Elk Grove is nice but this place carries a lot more yarn and the prices were very reasonable. I'm very in love with this shop. I didn't know that there was a place so close with a very extensive collection of yarns for sale. They had everything from acrylics to expensive luxury yarns.


I picked out Cascade 220 in colorway 8012.


I've knit with Cascade 220 before and I'm sure that New York Cardigan is going to knit up beautifully in this yarn. I can't wait to get started on this project.

No comments: