February 13, 2012

Baby's First Malabrigo...

Birthday yarn, is there anything better? I don't think so...except for maybe Christmas yarn or Valentines Day yarn...or yarn bought on any day that ends in Y. Fine, it's not a secret, I like yarn. I spend hours picking an pattern and the spend hours and hours more picking out just the right yarn. I research online, I go to the shops, I search the Internet for shops I haven't been to yet. Every city I visit, I make a point to find a local yarn shop for souvenir yarn. I like yarn.


Hubbs and I went to San Francisco for my birthday last Thursday. We spent the entire day at Alcatraz and Pier 39. Visited the Harley Davidson Shop for Hubbs and then went to ImagiKnit for me. I was allotted $100 worth of birthday yarn but only came away with a single skein of Malabrigo. It's not that they didn't have yarn...they have tons of it. They have all kinds of amazing, beautiful yarns but I don't like to buy yarns (excluding sock yarn) that I don't have a specific use in mind for. Shocking, I know.


Sock yarn, of course, doesn't count as stash.

I could have spent hours in ImagiKnit, easily. The store is beautiful and well organized. The staff was very friendly. But it was getting late and we needed to head home.

Traffic was terrible on the way back due to...it being the bay area. But it was worth it to take the time to visit ImagiKnit.

No comments: