February 22, 2012

I Finally Got Out...

with my camera last Friday. There are days on my way to work that I wish I had my camera with me and that I didn't have to go to work because the light is so beautiful and there are so many migrating birds. There are perks to living right in the middle of the Pacific fly way for migrating birds. During the winter months we see geese by the millions. This flock was a mix of Snow Geese and Canadian Geese.
This one was a brown goose and snow goose mix but I'm not sure what the brown geese are. And of course I can't find my bird book to look them up.


They were feeding in this mown corn field and they didn't appreciate me driving up next to them on the road.


We also see thousands of Sand Hill Cranes. They are so beautiful with the red patch on their head. The mountain in the back ground is Mt. Diablo.


Red Tail Hawk perched in an oak tree.


Again, can't find my bird book so I have no idea what kind of duck...I really need to find that book.


The duck in the back is a Spoonie and the one in the front is a female mallard.


Cat Tails.


Another Red Tail Hawk.


And of course cows. We've got a lot around here. Even though we're only about 30 minutes outside of Sacramento, we still live in the middle of agriculture. It's one of the things I love about living here.

No comments: