January 13, 2012

Second Finished Object of 2012...

I'm calling this scarf Baa Baa Black Sheep but it's really called Eatons Scarf by Jennifer Refat. I wanted a scarf to go with my beautiful red, black and gray wool jacket that I got a few months ago while on a spur of the moment trip up to Reno. I have lots of scarves but nothing that would look fantastic with my jacket.

When it got really cold here at the beginning of December I knew I need to knit myself a scarf to go with the jacket. One of the things I love the most about knitting (and sewing) is that I can create the perfect accessory to go with a piece of clothing that I love.

It took over a month to finish the scarf because I bought 3 skeins of yarn at my local LYS, Anna's Yarn Shoppe but when the yarn ran out the scarf wasn't long enough for my liking. I went back to the shop and they were out. I figured I'd just order another skein from the Internet but never got around to it until I ordered my yarn for Gnarled Oak Cardigan. The yarn came over the weekend and I wanted to finish my scarf before I started on my Cardigan. Otherwise, I was afraid that I'd never finish the scarf.

Pattern: Eatons Scarf by Jennifer Refat
Yarn: Berroco Lustra in colorway 3134, Ebony (4 skeins)
Needles: US 8
Mods: Added 2 extra repeats of the pattern to make the scarf wider and used more yarn then called for in the pattern to make the scarf longer.




I love this scarf with the jacket. It's perfect and it's long enough that I can double it and then wrap it around my neck. I love the buttons on this coat. They are one detail that really makes it special.


I also love the hood on this jacket. It's nice to not have to carry an umbrella to avoid getting my hair wet when it's raining or when we have heavy fog.




I love this scarf. It was perfect pre-holiday mindless knitting. I would totally made this again for gift knitting. Non-knitters would be totally impressed with how lovely it is and not have a clue about how easy a knit it was.

No comments: