January 21, 2012

I was Curious...

I figured I'd use Runner's World's Finish Time Calculator and find out what I could expect to finish my Half in...

I used my last long run of 8 miles and the time I ran it in, 1:23:41 as the base and their calculator came up with:

Based on a split distance of 8 miles at 01:23:41, this race participant's projected finish time for a half-marathon will be: 02:17:02 Projected half-marathon finish time

My goal is to not die, first and foremost but after that I'm hoping to keep it under 2:30 over all and this is really giving me hope that I can accomplish my goal. All I have to do is stay in front of the 2:30 pace setter and I'm golden. If I can do more tempo runs and stay in from of the 2:00 pace setter...man! I can't even think about that. I don't want to kill myself, I just want to run my race, enjoy myself and be able to work on Monday after the race.

No comments: