August 22, 2011

I finished another book, Book# 62 for 2011...


The Time Travelers Wife By Audery Niffenegger


From Goodreads.com:

When Henry meets Clare, he is twenty-eight and she is twenty. Henry has never met Clare before; Clare has known Henry since she was six. Impossible but true, because Henry finds himself periodically displaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. Henry and Clare's attempts to live normal lives are threatened by a force they can neither prevent nor control, making their passionate love story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable. The Time Traveler's Wife is a story of fate, hope and belief, and more than that, it's about the power of love to endure beyond the bounds of time.


My take:

3 out of 5 stars.


When I told people that I was reading this book everyone said I'd love it. That I'd cry at the end. But I didn't love it and I didn't cry at the end. The first part was good, I was really enjoying it but by the time that I got to the last few chapters I just wanted it to be over. I didn't feel any real connection to either of the main characters in anyway. It was just meh for me. Not something that I'd really want to recommend to anyone else, thus the mediocre rating of 3 out of 5.

No comments: