August 15, 2011

Back on Track?

I got my first real run in on Thursday. I ran B210k Week 3, Day 2. My last attempt at this was on last Sunday afternoon and it didn’t go well. I had to pep talk myself out of bed and into my running gear but I finally did get up and out the door. I have to be out the door no later than 5am to have enough time to get my entire run in and still have enough time to get a shower, get dressed and have breakfast before I have to go to work. Sadly this also means that I have to give up my hour with my husband before I work but it’s only 2 mornings a week so it’s not too bad.

Since I dress in the dark so I don’t disturb my husband, I’m really glad that it’s really dark outside and not many people are out and about. I’m sure that if they were they’d be startled by the crazy looking lady in the pink running skirt with the wild hair. Get dressed, finger comb the hair and pony it. That’s the extent of the grooming before my run. In my defense, it’s 4:30am people! Too early for primping and I’m running, not entering a beauty pageant.

Normally I don’t see any other runners in the morning because it’s so early but this morning I saw two other people. Shocking. But nice to know that it’s not just me and the people who have to be at work at 6am.

My run was really nice for the most part. Left the house at about 4:45am. The marquee at the high school said it was 60 degrees and there was a slight breeze coming out of the west, just enough to help cool you off a bit. The part I didn’t enjoy was when the crazy lady in the blue car ran the stop sign and almost hit me. Thankfully I realized she was going to run the stop sign and I was able to stop myself otherwise she would have gotten me. I was just about to start my 2 minuet sprint when I saw her. She looked really startled as she went by me since I was screaming and cussing at her. I’m guessing it woke her up some and maybe a few of the neighbors too since I was yelling pretty loud. Oops.

Other than that and a little dog that I had to tell off, most of my run was pretty uneventful…just the way I like them. The good news was that I didn’t have any real aches or pains. I didn’t pass out and die because I forgot to breath. I even zoned out enough to make the run seem to slip by quickly. I’m really happy that it went well. I don’t feel like I ruined my training by taking a couple of weeks off. I missed it and I’m glad I’m back.

No comments: