August 26, 2011

A Finished Object!!

I finished Waiting for Spring Sweater!


I modified the neckline. The original had a high neckline but I can't stand anything tight against my throat.



Love the leaf detail running down the side.




Pattern: Waiting for Spring Sweater by Susan Demptster

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease in Worsted Weight, Color is Dark Rose Heather

Needles: US 8 & 9 to get gauge (I never got gauge pattern said 4 stitches/inch, I got 5 stitches/inch)

Mods: I lowered the neck line to make a scoop neck by beginning the neck shaping at 16 inches from the cast on edge.


This was my first real modification to any project. Generally about the only thing I modify is the length of the sleeves. I was nervous about how it was going to turn out bu this is perfect. I still need to block it but once I get it blocked I'll add pictures to Ravelry of me wearing it. My dress form isn't exactly the same size I am so it doesn't really show what this looks like on.

No comments: