October 14, 2010

More Finished Reading.

I finished reading Kate Mosse's Sepulchre yesterday. It's the second book in the Languedoc Trilogy, the first was Labyrinth that I finished last month. It seems to me that normally, the second book is never as good as the first book in a series. However, this book was better then the first. The first one I had a hard time getting going on but this one just grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I have to admit that since I was reading this at work, I did sneak in a few extra min's of reading time at the end of my breaks and a couple of days I was so into it I didn't notice that I had gone over my lunch period by more then 10 min's. Oops! But the story was really good and really engaging, especially at the end. I couldn't put it down and when I had to I spent a lot of my time wondering what was going to happen.

I started reading Dragonwell Dead by Laura Childs a while back when I ran out of library books. I've read other books int he Tea Shop Mystery Series before and really liked them. Theodosia Browning is an interesting character and the mysteries are not so complex that it's hard to understand but make for good no brainer reading. I want to finish this one up and I'm about 50 or so pages into it. They're not long books, averaging about 250 pages. But still fun reading.
I've requested (of course) more books from the library but they were closed yesterday for Staff Day and most of my books haven't arrived from other branches yet so in the mean time, I'm going to read Tea Shops Mysteries and try to finish my other library book, Gone South by Robert Cammon. I'm almost done and the story is getting good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Edited to Add: I'm number 399 on the hold list for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson. I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

No comments: