December 23, 2009

My library is so cool! I just found out that you can save a list of books that you want to read that way you don't have to go look them up when you're ready. They are already on the list and you can request them from the list. So very cool! Modern technology is best some times!

I have a bout 50 pages left in Uncle Tom's Cabin and then I'm moving on to Brave new world. This top 10 banned classics challenge is going to be really fun. I can't wait to move on to the next book. I've been bringing Uncle Tom's Cabin with me to work every day so I've been actually getting in a half hour of reading at work each day in addition to the reading I do at home at night. But the difference is that I don't' usually fall asleep while I'm reading at work. Ok, most of the time I don't fall asleep while I'm reading at work. It does happen that I doze off but only during my lunch break. And I always wake up before my break is over.

I've been knitting my fingers to the bone trying to finish Hubbs socks before the end of the year. I finished the 1st sock on Monday and cast on for the second, completing the cuff before it was bed time. Yesterday I got almost 2/3rds of the 2nd socks leg finished and am really hoping that I can finish it off this weekend. Not sure it that's going to happen or not since I do have Christmas stuff going on on Thursday night and Friday all day. Not sure what the plan is for Saturday and Sunday but I'm hoping that it includes knitting.

My back has been hurting me for some unknown reason since last weekend and now it's to the point where it hurts when I roll over at night and wakes me up. I'm living with it because what else can I do? But this morning was a total nightmare. After waking up every hour on the hour to roll over I'm awakened at quarter to 5 by the sound of Hubbs dog doing the puke noise IN OUR BED. Nothing wakes me up faster then the sound of an animal barfing. Ugh. Thankfully she didn't puke in the bed but she got the carpet in our bedroom and the carpet in the family room. I love that dog but sometimes I get so mad at her. Basically what caused her to vomit is that she chews up plastic that she finds God knows where in the yard and swallows the bits. Of course plastic in any ones stomach is not a good thing and she ends up puking. I wanted to kick her to Alaska this morning. But I refrained. Barely. By the time I finally got her out and all the puke and bits of plastic cleaned up Hubbs finally gets up and offers to help. I wanted to kick him to Alaska too but again, I refrained. Again, Barely. I love the man but good grief. I think it's just my lot in life to be the cleaner of puke at our house. At some point I'm going to have to accept it and quit fighting it. I hate being the cleaner of puke. Icky.

So anyway, hope your morning was better then mine. Now I'm off to work to see what kind of trouble I can get into there.

No comments: