March 13, 2012

Yes, I do need therapy. Why do you ask?



Since my Shamrock'n 1/2 wasn't all I wanted it to be I decided today to sign up for a 1/2 marathon training group that will be training for the Parkway Half Marathon. The Half is coming up on April 28...about a month and a half away. The group is through my local Fleetfeet store and meets twice a week. It meets Wednesday nights at 6pm and Sundays at 7:30am.


I really want to kill this marathon since Shamrock'n didn't go exactly as planned due to being sick and being unable to sleep the night before. Hopefully I'm doing the right thing here. I don't want to wait to try to race again either in the fall or next spring. I don't want to race in the summer because me and the heat don't get a long. The end of April is really pushing it for me in terms of how hot it's going to be the day of the race.


I'm really hoping that I will meet some cool runner people in this group. I don't know anyone else in real life that runs and all my friends swear up and down that they only run if they're being chased. Plus I'm hoping that with the training group it will help keep up my motivation to train. Last time I crapped out twice and had a really hard time getting going again. Fingers crossed this goes well.

No comments: