March 7, 2012

New York Cardigan is done...

New York Cardigan is done and I'm super happy with the way it turned out. I decided to go ahead and do an applied i-cord around the fronts and neck area to finish off the edging because I didn't like the way the edges blocked out. I wanted a more finished look.

I love the lace pattern. It was super easy to memorize and made for fun knitting.


The back...I like the high collar. It will keep my neck nice and warm in my office. I went with 3/4 sleeves instead of long so I could wear it more during the spring, summer and fall months.


I like the detail of the yarn over increases in the raglan shaping.


I found this belt on the super cheap at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago just for this sweater. I love that the buckle is so interesting and different from what I normally wear.


I opted to do an applied i-cord to the edges to finish off the look. My blocking wasn't great and my edges came out a bit wonky. Plus I was afraid that my edges would roll. The left side edge has the i-cord and the right doesn't.


Again, i-cord. Bottom has it attached already and the top doesn't.


I've been lusting after a pair of brown cowboy boots and I would love to wear this sweater with a white top, dark jeans and brown boots. Oh gee...guess I have to go shopping...lol.

No comments: