March 15, 2012

First Training Group....

My first training group meet up/run was yesterday...and look at this weather! It started raining Tuesday and hasn't quit yet.

Tuesday didn't not start off good...I got all the way to work fine but once there I went to the ladies room and realized that I couldn't see out of my right eye. I had a blind spot. Generally this is a precursor to a migraine so I took my migraine meds and hoped for the best. About 30 minutes later the blind spot was gone. About 30 minutes after that, I had to tell the big boss that I needed to leave. My head hurt so bad that I could barely think. I got home and went straight to bed. I slept for a couple of hours and then finally was able to get up. The migraine was gone but I still had a lingering headache.

Not sure what the migraine was about since I generally only get them when I'm under tons of stress. Right now work is slow, home is good. Stress is not really an issue. I have no idea. Maybe I was just over due.

So anyway, training group. Got there early, the rain had slacked some so it was cold and wet but not raining. Got my packet with my training plan and my $20 Fleet Feet gift card. We had an orientation meeting and then split off into groups; Runners, Run/Walkers and Walkers. Got an additional orientation for our groups and headed off for the workout. The workout was a 45 minute easy run. I made three loops of the course which was on the levy behind Sac State and along the American River and actually ran for 50 minutes, did 4.85 miles at a 10:17 pace. I went out way too fast for a 9:35 mile and finally had to reign it in. I was pretty tired and I think, still under fueled and I had some pain that was left over from Shamrock’n in my right thigh. Afterward there was a group cool down/stretch and next time there will be some core exercises to do also. Not looking forward to that part but I know that I needed.

All and all the group was good and I think I’ll get a lot out of it. Hopefully I make some cool friends.

No comments: