March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap...

Most of the weekend was spent doing catch up errands. I didn't get much done last weekend after Stitches West but I did get the house cleaned up and it really needed it. But no errands got done becuase Hubbs was gone on a boys trip. So Saturday was spent catching up...we did Costco, the grocery store and a few other errands I needed to get done and few that Hubbs needed done too.

I'm now less then a week out from my Half Marathon. Yikes. And of course I'm sick. Hubbs came down with a cold last week and dispite my best efforts to avoid him, I've got it now too. So I stayed home from work today in an effort to rest and get rid of the cold.



I finished knitting up New York Cardigan and it's parts are blocking. I can't wait to seam it and try it on. I think it's going to be really cute. Filati's Yarn Store in Rocklin had a leap day sale and I ran up there last Wednesday for 20% off. Totally worth it. I picked up 6 skeins of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in Black for Lustro Cardigan. I really love this yarn. 50% Alpaca and 50% wool. 100% soft.



I really need a black cardigan and I figured that since black doesn't lend itself to fancy stitch work, I wanted something that was some what plain but not entirely. Lustro Cardigan fit that bill nicely since it's mostly stockinette with just a bit of cableing near the top on the fronts.
The alpaca gives this yarn a very nice sheen.



I think this pattern is going to turn out really nice. I can't wait.

No comments: