September 29, 2010

Wow, guess I haven't done a book review in a while. Since I finished Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil I've finished four more books. The Girl Who Played With Fire brings my total to 48 and counting for 2010.

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson was my most recent finish. I loved this book. Better then the first book, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Usually a second book isn't as good but this one was better, way better. More intrigue, more excitement...more everything. Loved it and highly recommend it even if you haven't ready the first one. I requested the 3rd one in the series from the library but it's going to be a while before I get it. I'm number 453 on the list for requesting this book and there are only 77 copies in the library system. I might have to break my "no buying books" rule and pick up a copy of this book. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I also ready This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer. This book is classified as a Teen SciFi book by my library as were the first two in the series but I really enjoyed them. It was a quick read but I love post apocalyptic books. This one brings the main character, Miranda, from the first book and the main character from the second book, Alex, together for the third installment. Not as good as the first book, Life as we Knew it, but not too bad. I liked that I got to find out what happened to Alex and his sister since the second book, The Dead and The Gone, kinda left you hanging about what was going to happen.


The Black Death...not a bad book but not great either. It never left me dying to turn the page and find out what was going to happen next. Not sure I'd recommened this one to anyone but since it is a classic post apocolyptic book I'm glad that I read it.


Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. I liked this book and enjoyed that there were two different story lines that were interwoven. I picked up the second book and just started reading it yesterday. Labyrinth was a bit hard for me to get into but once it got going I really enjoyed reading it and was disappointed when my breaks were over at work. I have to admit that I pushed my breaks out by a few Min's on some days to finish up a chapter to find out what was going to happen. It's a big book and defiantly not a quick read by a good story all the same.

I'm really enjoying getting to read all these books for free and I have to give credit to the Sacramento County Library system and my local librarians at Marian O. Lawrence Library. They are so fantastic and helpful. Love those ladies! Thank goodness for the library and free services.

No comments: