July 2, 2010

When I saw this picture of Lucile Ball (on the left) on Casey's Musings I thought it was my grandmother. I've always thought that she looked just like her but I mostly thought it was the red lipstick and her hairstyle that made me think of Lucile Ball. But I guess she really does look just like her! While I was visiting last weekend we spent a lot of time going through old pictures and I got to see a lot of pictures of my grammie when she was in her early 20's. I really need to get my hands on and scan them. She was such a beautiful young woman with such amazing style. People now don't have the same sense of decorum that they had back then. I wish men still wore suits and hats and ladies wore gloves when they left the house. Now people leave the house in their pajamas, things have defiantly changed. It seems sad to me, like we've lost something. I wonder if we'll ever get it back.

No comments: