July 7, 2010

I did it! I finished Voltaire and the last book on my list for my library challenge! I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to do it because about midway through Candide, I got bored. Candide is really optimistic all the damn time. And not to mention so moral! In the end, despite all his hardships and troubles he marries the woman that he loved even though he didn't want to anymore because she was ugly from doing so much hard labor and having a really tough life.

It was almost like the weirdest blind date story ever. But I'm done! I can pleasure read to my hearts content and not have anything hanging over me! Not that I haven't been pleasure reading too. I think I currently have 9 books check out from the library and I got an e-mail this morning from the library telling me that I have another book ready to be picked up. And I think I'm on the waiting list for at least 5 or 6 more books!

Right now I'm also reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. It's considered a young adults book. My sister (who's 14) recommended it to me and said that my dad was reading it too so I figured I'd give it a try. I like it. The characters are interesting and the concept of being placed somewhere with no memory of who you are, where you came from or what you're doing there is intriguing for me. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book and I can't wait to see what happens.

Now that Candide is done I need a new book for my lunch time reading at work. I don't want anything that is too heavy or mentally taxing, that's what my job does. I want something that is going to be an easy read, something that I can sit outside and enjoy or just avoid the world at my desk with. I can't wait to pick through the pile of library books at home and pick a new one!
Until next time, my pretties!

No comments: