July 1, 2010

I was able to snap a few pictures of the quail that live in my grandmothers garden when I was there last week. It's a mated pair, but I didn't get a picture of the female. The male kept calling four hours on end. It's a beautiful sound especially when you live in a neighborhood that basically has no living wild life of any kind. It's one of the many things I miss about my old neighborhood, before I moved to Sacramento.

When I still lived in the Napa Valley, even though I lived in town, I only had one neighbor. I was surrounded on three sides by vineyard and from the porch I had an amazing view of Mount St. Helena. On any given day I could see tons of rabbits in the vineyards and in the evenings Coyotes would come up to my back fence. I didn't like the coyotes coming right up to the fence but they were wild so there wasn't much I could do. I'm an outdoor girl so I loved it, it was a great place to live.


I love this picture. You can see his little top knot so clearly. I wish I had a camera with a better lens so I could have gotten some much closer pictures but these aren't bad for a little point and shoot. Maybe if I'm a really good girl Santa will bring me that Nikon D90 I've been drooling over for the last few months! Here's hoping!

No comments: