August 5, 2009

While I wait for my yarn to arrive, I have to have something to work on or I will go insane. I seem to have a habit of needing to be doing something all the time. I can't just sit quietly and watch TV without having something in my hands. Sewing is fine, knitting is fine but just sitting...not fine. Usually it's the just sitting that gets me into trouble. That's when I start thinking about all the little projects that need to be done around my house and with 20 min's or so Hubbs is about ready to kill me because I've scheduled his life for the next two months with no time off. So knitting really keeps happy harmony in our house.


So for the current project:Sorry for the bad picture, dang camera phone.

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.

Yarn: Patons Kroy Stripes in Krazy Stripes

Started: 08/03/2009

Hopefully I will finish this pair of socks this week so that I can get restarted on the shawl for my grandmother before Hubbs and I go on vacation next Wednesday. I want to work on the shawl while we're gone. Not that I think I'll finish it and socks are probably better for travel knitting. I might have to take that new sock yarn and a pattern with me too just in cast the shawl gets to be too much. Either way, I can't wait to go on vacation. We normally just take 3 days and go for a weekend but this time we're going to be going for 5 days! 5 days at the ocean! I can't wait.

What did you do for vacation this year?

No comments: