August 26, 2009

I cast on for a shawl for my Grandmother on August 7 but I haven't been able to work on it very consistently. I have about 7 inches so far but going is slow on it because I really need some needles that have sharper points on them.

I think finding those needles at one of my local yarn shops is going to be my mission this weekend. I also need the new needles because the needles I'm currently using I need to start Central Park Hoodie. I went to cast on for the Hoodie and couldn't find the needles I needed. I searched high and low trying to find them. Finally Hubby pointed out that they were in the shawl. I was pretty P.O.'ed when I realized I couldn't cast on.

I really want to cast on for the Hoodie right now. My grandmother gave me the yarn for either Christmas or my birthday this year and I haven't done anything with it. I found out last week that my grandmother is going to have to have open heart surgery due to an Aortic Embolism. I really want to cast on for this so that she can see that I'm working on it before she goes in for the surgery. The doctors think that she'll have no problems recovering from the surgery since she's in such great health but just in case...I want her to know that I'm working on it.

I love my Grammie so much and I'm still scared about it. She's in her 80's and IS in great health but you never know, ya know?! I'm already planning to take some time off to be there when she has her surgery. I really do think that it's going to be ok but in case it's not I want to be there for my mom. My mom takes care of my grandmother and my sister, and my sister is not the most suppotive person in the world toward my mom (she's got her own issues). I just need to be there to help my mom just in case. And I want to talk to my Grandmother before she goes in for surgery. Ugh, heavy stuff.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Lisa. I'm so sorry to hear this. Aside from your grandmother seeing that you've started knitting, it will be good for you to have something to keep your hands busy. Sending hugs your way....