August 25, 2009

Well, it's offically fall in Northern California. Well, as far as I'm concerned it is. I noticed over the weekend the evening light as it came through my kitchen window was soft and light and that a few trees were starting to change color. But the biggest change I've noticed is that I have had to switch from dark glasses in the morning to clear glasses. I hate that change but it's just too dark in the morning to try and fool myself anymore. Not to mention how dangerous it is when you can't really see what's in front of you on the road becuase your glasses are too dark.

And now for some knitting.
Pattern: Shadow Rib Socks by Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott
Yarn: Patons Kroy Stripes in Mulberry Stripes
Started: August 8, 2009
Finished: August 19, 2009

Pattern: Rapid River Socks by Sockbug

Yarn: Patons Kroy in Flax

Started: August 20, 2009

Finished: August 23, 2009

These are #14 and #15 for the year. I'm not done making socks for my sister. I've knitted up all the yarn she gave me and with the exceptiong for these last two I have given her all the socks that I knitted. She was really happy about it and my mom told me that she took them with her to her quilting class to show off. She's super sweet and so supportive. I'm sure she'll like these too.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful socks! I especially like that rapid river pattern. And wow -- you're fast!