September 27, 2011

Oktobrewfest!!!!



Racing helps keep my running fresh for me. So I signed up for Oktobrewfest over the river in Davis. I can't wait for this race. It's October 8 and it is an evening race which will be new for me. I'm used to running in the morning. But more importantly Hubbs will be running this race with me. I'm not sure he's going to make it since he hasn't had any training at all and every time I ask if he wants to run with me he turns me down. The race is only a 5k so I'm sure he'll be able to do it even if he has to walk a bit (no shame in that, I've done it). Honestly, I think without the training he'll still get a better time then I will! lol Thankfully, while I am competitive, I only race against my last time trying for a new PR.


But what I'm really looking forward to is after the race. I bought food and drink tickets for after! There's going to be beer (of course, it's Oktobrewfest after all) and lots of yummy food. They also have costume judging and bratwurst eating contests! I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun!

No comments: