September 10, 2011

9/11 Memorial 5k




Tomorrow is the 9/11 Memorial 5k run that I signed up for a couple of months ago. I'm not nervous about the race but I don't feel like I've trained enough for this race. I'm still working on my 10k training but it's been a bit sporatic and honestly only 2 days a week for the most part. Not really the kind of effort that I know I should be putting into it. However as of Tuesday, I'm running 51 minuets without stopping, so I have that going for me.

Last update from Fleet Feet had the participent numbers at over 2500for this race. That's more then double what was in the 5k Foot Pursuit that I ran in June. I'm planning on beating my last race time of 33:42 but with that many people on the course I may have a hard time of it just based on the number of people in the race. However, only time will tell and I will be doing my best to beat my old time.

No comments: