June 30, 2011

Book #53 of 2011...






From Goodreads.com:


Rhiannon Frater’s As the World Dies trilogy is an internet sensation. The first two books, The First Days and Fighting to Survive, have won the Dead Letter Award for Best Novel from Mail Order Zombie. The First Days was named one of the Best Zombie Books of the Decade by the Harrisburg Book Examiner. AmericanHorrorBlog calls Rhiannon Frater “a writer to watch.”
The morning that the world ends, Katie is getting ready for court and housewife Jenni is taking care of her family. Less than two hours later, they are fleeing for their lives from a zombie horde.



Thrown together by circumstance, Jenni and Katie become a powerful zombie-killing partnership, mowing down zombies as they rescue Jenni’s stepson, Jason, from an infected campground.



They find sanctuary in a tiny, roughly fortified Texas town. There Jenni and Katie find they are both attracted to Travis, leader of the survivors; and the refugees must slaughter people they know, who have returned in zombie form.



Fast-paced and exciting, filled with characters who grab your heart, The First Days: As the World Dies is the beginning of a frightening trilogy.


My take:


5 out of 5 stars. I love this book. I never wanted it to end. I won an advance copy for TOR Books on Goodreads.com and I'm soooo glad that I did otherwise I might have missed this awesome zombie book. Honestly, I found this book to be the most realistic portrayal of what might happened if there ever was a zombie apocalypse. The main characters show their softer side too, each at times is paralysed by what happened to them and that's a side you don't often see in zombie books. Just a fantastic book and I can't wait to get the next two in the series. Best book I've read this year, hands down.

No comments: